2017年10月19日木曜日

BR2: The House on the Hill


'I'm sorry Maria,' he said. 'I don't love you any more. (p.31)


  I read "The House on the Hill". Paul was poor and Maria is rich. They love each other, but they couldn't get married because he was not a rich man. After he didn't meet her, he wrote them story and send it to the news paper. He won the prize! He was a rich man! After then, he decided to meet her again. However, she is not who she was. He said to her 'Goodbye'.
 The story is so exciting. Especially, I was surprised at that she changes her personality.She didn't love him since she met him, did she? I don't think so. She loved him,but she couldn't get married with a man who she really loved freely. I think it is Maria who is really poor.


Laird, Elizabeth. (2005). The House on the Hill. Oxford: Heinemann International.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

The Star Zoo

In our world today a hummingbird is a small, brilliantly colored bird that lives in the tall trees of tropical forests. In the far distan...