2018年11月19日月曜日

Hollywood


「hollywood」の画像検索結果Hollywood – nine big white letters against the Hollywood Hills. Every year millions of people come from all over the world and look up at this famous sign. Why do they come? Most of all, they come to be in the most famous place in movie history – exciting, wonderful Hollywood!

I read Hollywood. This book has eleven chapters. It shows town, movie’s history, awards and changes of Hollywood. My image of Hollywood is movie’s town and Hollywood Sign. I didn’t know Hollywood well. Also, I didn’t often watch the American movies. This book made me interested in Hollywood and movies.
 I introduce about what I was surprised at while reading this book. First, it is the origin of the name. Hollywood is named from a villa by Daeida Wilcox because she loved this villa's name and she could not forget it. Next, it is movies’ history. Early movies were silent and very short, but they were popular at this time. I couldn’t image these movies. If I have a chance, I want to watch them. Then, it is Oscars. I knew the awards’ name, but I didn’t know these contents of awards. I was surprised that now there are more than twenty Oscars. The most famous Oscars are for the best actor and best actress, and the best picture. But there are other Oscars, for example, for the best costumes, best hair, and so on. On next Oscars, I will watch TV to know the other Oscars and know what will be chosen.
This book introduces some famous movies, for example, the Lord of the Rings, Titanic, Gone with the Wind and Jaws. However, I have never seen most of the movies before. Especially, the movies which I am interested in are Titanic and Star Wars. I know these titles, but I have not seen both of them. I read the book of Titanic in English before, and I knew the most famous scene in Titanic movie. I am going to rent this movie and watch all of it. Similarly, I do not mean I don’t know about Star Wars at all. I tried to rent DVD of it before, but I didn’t know which one to watch at first because it has a lot of series. Next time, I will choose one of them and watch it!
 Now, I know about Hollywood and American movies’ history. I will try to watch these movies on this book. Also, I want to visit this nice place someday!!

Hardy-Gould, J. (2014). Hollywood. Oxford; Oxford University Press.


2 件のコメント:

  1. This book has eleven contents.
    This book has eleven chapters.

    返信削除
  2. I try to watch these movies on this book.
    I will try to watch the movies mentioned in this book.

    返信削除

The Star Zoo

In our world today a hummingbird is a small, brilliantly colored bird that lives in the tall trees of tropical forests. In the far distan...